Thursday, October 22, 2009

........Vintage mix..........

I love vintage.  The detail, that old world feel of another time and place.  This obsession must have started very young.  I remember having a Bessie Peace picture forever.  My Aunt gave it to me when I was two.



















 .
I was also given a beautiful Children's Shakespeare book at the age of 4.  The picture on the right is from this book from the story Pericles.   Dedicated to my dearest daughter, dated 1896. It is a little worse for wear, but I love the soft sepia tones.
I guess it makes me wonder who owned this book, did it come from England and who was dearest daughter. And so the love of old continues on.

2 comments:

  1. That's a beautiufl illistration! I bet the rest of the book is lovely!

    Jennie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I do that too, wonder who owned books, vintage photos and how did they get "here" wherever "here" might be...flea market, estate sale, antique shop.

    ReplyDelete